Today I revived my thumbie in the shape of a heart with Momma engraved on the back. It took me a while to put it on, it made it all more real. For those of you that don't know what a thumbie is, its the thumbprint of a loved one who has passed away. You can feel the ridges. I've had mine on about 2 hours and can't stop myself from rubbing it and feeling my Mommas finger print. When I have my good camera with me I'll take a picture of it and post it.
This afternoon I spent some time with my Mom-in-law, she just had surgery and needed a little girl talk. She is a wonderful person. I really do love her!
Tonight my brother's girlfriend A helped me to go through my Mom's things. It was hard, but not painful like I thought it would be. I'm so glad A was here, I thought I could do it alone, I couldn't when I started. I didn't know where to start and what to do. I'm keep a lot more than I planned on keeping, some I'll wear, others I plan on making into a quilt someday. My Mom had so many pretty things, so many things I am looking forward to wearing because I know I will feel her around me even more than I already do.
We have a pile that is towering to donate to a local woman's shelter, her wigs are ready to be donated to her oncologists office for someone who is in need of them. Its strange to be taking her things away, it makes all of this so much more real. She really is gone.
Missing you Momma.
No comments:
Post a Comment