This is a recipe from my husband's family. We are not exactly sure who Aunt Gracie is or how long this recipe has been around but my Mother-in-Law and my husband's Aunt rave over it. I tried it out today. Its amazing. It calls for red food coloring which makes the cake pink but I'm sure you could use whatever color you wanted.
2 cups flour
2 cups sugar
1 cup milk
3 eggs
1 cup butter
1 tsp baking powder
pinch of salt
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp red food coloring ( you could use what ever you want its just want the recipe says)
Cream butter, sugar, eggs, vanilla, and food coloring together. Add remaining ingredients. Bake in a bunt pan(greased) for about 75 minutes at 325.
Serve plain, with butter frosting or a glaze. I'm doing a glaze. The cake is light and fluffy.
Pictures, please!
ReplyDeleteAdded :)
ReplyDelete