Some things that remind me of her make complete sense and people get. Like making jam, baking, using any of my Pampered Chef stuff. Today I was deciding if I should make cheesecake cupcakes or make cupcakes using a recipe from my husbands family. I was cleaning and talking out loud to my Mom, then it hit me I should use my cute flower cupcake pan and make Aunt Gracie's cake. It was like my Mom was saying hey A use your cute pan!
Then other things that remind me of my Mom would probably wired to some people. For example every time I blow dry my hair I think of Mom. No, my Mom was not a hair dresser. We fought all the time when I was in high school over my blow dryer. My Mom thought it was the best blow dryer ever and would always take it out of my bathroom and up to her's. When I went to blow my hair dry in the mornings it was always missing. When I went away to college we went on a search for a blow dryer like mine for her. Well no luck. I would get phone calls about how much she missed me but she missed my blow dryer more. I always had to take it home with me so she could use it. So every time I use my green blow dryer I think of my Momma.
Other things that make me think of her are elephants, shoes, the smell of coffee, and chocolate. I wear one of her rings on my hand and every time I look down at it I see her hands. Gosh I love her so much and miss her like crazy.
No comments:
Post a Comment