Monday, May 31, 2010

It's Memorial Day

Today we thank those who serve our wonderful country. We thank them for their service, for being away from their families so we can be with ours.

Today I thank my Marine. Although he is no longer active duty, he will always be a Marine. He is proud, and strong. When people walk up to him and say thank you for serving our country, my sweet husband kindly accepts the thanks but as we walk away he always tells me
" If they only knew that what I did was nothing special, they wouldn't be thanking me."
I remind him that what he did was important, that even the smallest little pieces that he worked on were a part of something much bigger, that he himself was part of something much bigger.

So in the spirit of Memorial Day, thank those who have served, and those who continue to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment