Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Answers and no Answers.

Well we went to the cancer center. We talked to the NP of genetics. We were told that since the BRAC1 and BRAC2 gene mutations are a dominantly inherited gene and that my since my Mom had the regular testing and the extended testing and was 100% negative and that since there is not a new test there is no reason to test me as I'll just be negative too. I understand that and I guess its helpful but I want more and at this point there is no more information, no concrete answers. At this point she suggested just being aware of what is going on with myself and closely followed by my doctors. This isn't what I was wanting to hear. It doesn't make me feel better. She did say that we will just watch and wait and keep our ears open and hopefully we will find a new test to do. Someone for people like me that definitely have a gene component but not the one we have tests for now. So really I left with E feeling like I had wasted her time.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry you didn't find anything out. :(

    ReplyDelete