This is one of my new favorites. I was not much of a meat eater before E and I lived together so I have started making a lot of chicken dishes because it is one of the things that I actually can eat. The potatoes were taught to me by a good friend.
Chicken:
1 1/2 to 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into large chuncks
4 cloves of garlic crushed( I use my garlic press)
4 sprigs fresh rosemary, leaves stripped and chopped
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
The grated zest and juice of 1 lemon( keep them seperate)
1 tablespoon grill seasoning blend , such as Montreal Seasoning by McCormick or salt and freshly ground black pepper( I use the montreal chicken seasoning by McCormick)
1/2 cup dry white wine or chicken broth( I use chicken broth)
Preheat oven to 450 F
Arange chicken in a baking dish. Add garlic, rosemary, evoo, lemon zest and grill seasoning. Toss chicken to coat, then place in oven. Roast 20 minutes. Add your liquids( lemon juice and white wine or chicken broth) to the dish and combine with pan juices, then spoon over chicken. Return to oven and turn oven off. Let stand 5 minutes longer, then remove the chicken from the oven. When searving spoon juices over the chicken.
Potatoes:
2.5 lbs bag of Yukon Gold potatoes
Several sprigs of fresh rosemary, leaves stiped off.
Olive Oil
Salt and Pepper to taste.
This recipe is pretty loose you can have as much or little rosemary as you like.
Quater potatoes, place in a bowl, all olive oil to coat and as much rosemary as you like. Add a small amount of salt and pepper.
Place in Baking dish and bake at 350 for 30 to 45 minutes until brown.
When I make this with the chicken I place the potatoes on the top rack at the 450 for 20 minutes before I put the chicken in. Then switch it to the bottom rack and place the chicken on the top rack bake for the 20 minutes required for the chicken. They should be brown and will squish a little when you place a fork in them.
No comments:
Post a Comment