Corn and Bacon Chowder
Prep: 2 minutes Cook: 14 minutes
2 slices bacon ( I use 3 because I use more veggies)
1/2 cup to a cup of chopped celery, onion and green bell pepper( I use a cup because I like having more veggies in the soup that aren't just corn)
2(16oz) packages frozen cut corn, thawed and divided
2 cups 1% low-fat milk, divided
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
3/4 cup shredded cheese( the original recipe calls for extra-sharp cheddar, but I use colby)
1. Cook bacon in pan over medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon from pan; crumble and set aside. Add celery mixture and 1 package corn to drippings in pan; saute 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
2. Place remaining 1 package corn and 1 cup milk in a blender, and process until smooth. Add pureed mixture to vegtables in pan; stir in remaining 1 cup milk, salt, black pepper, and cheese. Cook over medium heat( do not boil) stirring constantly, until cheese melts. Ladle chowder into bowls. Top with a small about extra cheese and some of the bacon.
makes 6 servings.
No comments:
Post a Comment