Monday, July 25, 2011

Stuffed Bell Peppers

So since everyone is asking me how I do these and the recipe keeps getting lost on Facebook I'll post it here!

I make my stuffed bell peppers in the crockpot. It makes my life easier and is a fast and easy dinner for nights when I have stuff I need to get done. We are actually having them tomorrow because I need to get the house clean before T and S come and visit for the weekend.

Obviously you'll need a crockpot if you plan to do it that way. Otherwise this dish works just great in a casserole dish in the oven at 350 for about 45 mins to an hour.

4 bell peppers of any color. I generally use a variety of green red and yellow.
Half a pound or so of ground beef or turkey uncooked.
A large can of tomato sauce.
Bread crumbs and brown minute rice to your liking. I like a lot of rice in ours because it makes it heartier without extra meat.
You can add whatever else sounds good. For the ones for tomorrow I added chopped white onion and drained canned corn.

Mix all of your ingredients together. Don't use all of your sauce just about a third to a half of the can you need the rest later. Stuff your peppers and cover the tops with remaining sauce and pour some on the bottom of the dish too.

If you prep the night before cover and place in the fridge. I generally take mine out at lunch and cook on low for 4 to 5 hours or so. If you cook much longer they get a little soft but are still yummy!!!

Enjoy!

oh and the recipe is adapted from my Mom and my grandma!

No comments:

Post a Comment