Sunday, January 2, 2011

My Daddy


For a while I thought I was the glue, I thought I was the piece that kept the puzzle together even though it was missing a huge chunk of itself. And I was for a while while the other big piece fixed himself with tape and glue. He took over recently but let me keep helping to, and now it seems like our new normal has officially started.

My Daddy is one of the most amazing people I know, he's had to take on a lot since my Mom died. He has had to become my ear when I need to babble for a while on the phone, and he has had to learn to be like Mom was when it comes to dealing with M. I don't think I realized how much he had to learn on top of grieving, because for me they were done hand in hand. For him it was different. But he has been healing and learning and I think his strength through all of this has been
amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment