My I am a horrible blogger as of late. And for that I apologize, since getting my job life has been a little nuts. I come home work on school work and go to bed, of course I cook dinner somewhere in there too.
Anyways its been 5 months since we said good bye to my wonderful mother. Our very first holiday without her was Thanksgiving, it was different and it was hard but it was beautiful at the same time. We spent it with my Aunt and Uncle, Grandpa and Dad and my Brother M. It was really nice. E's birthday was the Monday after so my Dad took us out to dinner and that was fun. When we came home we meet E's parent's and his brother B for lunch/dinner. It really was a lovely weekend filled with Family.
While we where there my Dad put up the tree and E and I decorated their house. It was fun to do it with my Dad and E even though it wasn't with my Mom like I was used to.
There are a lot of new things about this year that I'm learning as we go along. I'm a heck of a lot stronger than I thought. I'm just like my Mom according to my Dad, there are moments when I don't feel like it. And others when it makes me really proud that I'm like her.
Thursday was hard. It would have been Mom's 52 birthday and the 2 year mark of her being diagnosed. It was a day where all I wanted to do was cry and be alone. I stayed home from school and just vegged. It was nice.
Tonight we put up lights on the patio and decorated the house for Christmas. It looks so cute! And right now I'm smelling my cookies which means I need to go take them out of the oven and put another batch in!
I know how difficult the holidays are going to be this year for us both. I'm glad you managed to have a nice Thanksgiving. Keep that chin up! :)
ReplyDelete