Friday, June 25, 2010

Rest in Peace Old Auntie Leatha.

I just found out my great aunt passed this morning, ending her 3 year battle with col-rectal cancer. She was unable to undergo treatments because she kept having bad reactions to everything they tried. First she had a stroke and then a heart attack. So the last three years were just spent maintaining and enjoying her last moments. She was an amazing person, most of her children lived with her and she took care of her grandchildren(several lived with her) and her great grandchildren. On her 60th birthday she got a tattoo of a rose on her breast, and she said having an 18 year old kid hold her breast while doing her tattoo was exciting! She loved tweedy-bird and when I was grown up every time my cousin and I went shopping with my grandma, we would try and find something tweedy bird for her.

When I was a little girl I used to call her Old Auntie Leatha, hence my title of this post. I called her this because out of the 3 sisters she had the most kids, and in the mind of a little girl that made her the oldest. My grandma was the middle one because she had 2 kids( but she really was the middle one), and Aunt Sue was the youngest because she had no kids( she was really the oldest). They always laughed at my insight into their ages.

Grandma and Auntie Leatha, I am sure you are having a huge party in heaven today! Love you both!

No comments:

Post a Comment